Maryland Board of Nursing Logo
Maryland Board of Nursing 
Mary Kay Goetter, PhD, RN, NEA-BC, Executive Director
Nancy D. Adams, MBA, RN, President

 Transferring a Certificate from Maryland to Another State (Verification of Certification)

If you are a certified nursing assistant or geriatric nursing assistant and want to transfer your certificate to another State, you must contact the state you intend to transfer to and obtain a Verification Form from that new state. Be sure to inquire if there is a fee to be paid to the new state; and if there is an additional application or other forms or documents that you must submit to the new State.

Once you obtain the Verification Form for the new state, complete the appropriate portion of the Verification Form with your name, certificate number, and all requested information. Once you have completed the Verification Form send it and a $25.00 money order to Maryland Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Program, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21215. The CNA program will complete the Verification Form and mail the Verification Form to the new state. If you have any questions please feel free to contact the Maryland Certified Nursing Assistant program (CNA program) at 410-585-1937 or


Last update: January 19, 2007
Contact the Webmaster
Copyright 1999 - 2015 Maryland Board of Nursing

Larry Hogan, Governor
Boyd K. Rutherford, Lt. Governor
Van T. Mitchell, Secretary

Department of Health & Mental Hygiene -